Monday, April 8, 2013

Election Day surprise


On 11/6/12, AKA Election Day in America, I made my second appearance at the annual conference of New York City school librarians. 


The day’s duties comprised a presentation on Bill the Boy Wonder: The Secret Co-Creator of Batman (in the city where it took place), a book signing, and author speed dating. I’ve long wanted to do that. In this case, it was six or seven tables of librarians, six or seven rotating authors, sixty minutes of madcap Q&A.

The conference was held in a high school and the book sales/signings were in the gym. I was thrilled to see that a gym teacher there not only gets blood pumping but also gets minds whirring: s/he has the students write. In gym class.




If that had been part of my high school gym class, maybe I would not have been so anxious to be there.

No comments: